It’s that time of year where school employees are getting tired.
School is no longer new and exciting.
It can become old and draining.
The holiday breaks are right around the corner, but they can also seem so far away.
Students and the day-to-day pressures have a tendency to wear us out.
It becomes easy to focus on the never-ending almost unattainable challenges of education (am I the only one who feels like this?).
So, I think it’s time we all took a minute and made a list of good things that happen at school.
Because I don’t know about you, but I can always use some good news.
1. Kindergarteners in art class
2. Corn Dogs (Thursdays!)
4. The last bell on Friday
5. 3-day weekends (does this count?)
6. Snow days
7. Watching the best 1st year teacher you’ve ever seen
8. 2nd graders losing their teeth (always considered an accomplishment)
9. Seniors getting accepted to college
11. Alumni who are so excited to tell you about their experiences in your school
12. Students who want to show you their report cards
13. Grants (I love these)
14. The days before a holiday (exciting… even after all these years)
15. About a 1,000 others things that I sometimes take for granted
Please feel free to make your own list. It really will make you feel better.